It's 1682, George Pownall arrives from England with a warrant from William Penn for 1000 acres of land along the Delaware River. Circa 1710 George, Jr and his wife Hanna settle in Solebury near the river on a newly sureyed portion of the original grant - fertile rolling terrain with a belt of limestone. "Limeport Farm," named for the lime mined and produced on this site, begins it's long journey through time. Flash forward 300 years and almost 60 acres of the original Penn's Grant have survived intact along with the remains of the limestone kilns and, what is now the ultimate Bucks County Stone House, magnificently preserved and enhanced with the finest quality of construction and mechanical components available. Stone walls, lush gardens, blue stone terraces and covered porches overlook meadows and sweeping lawn to the stone bank barn. Sparkling in the sun, the pool and spa grace the barnyard, fenced by stone and iron gates. The exterior of the L-shaped house is pointed fieldstone (the stone of the new wing matched perfectly with the original) with brick chimneys and a cedar shake roof. Lighting fixtures and hardware throughout the buildings are original or quality reproducutions. Living space includes a spacious main bedroom suite with a handsome limestone bath, four additional bedrooms, 2 upstairs studies and four and one half baths. The tavern/deed room, centrally located on the main floor and perfect for entertaining on a grand scale, contains a beautiful bar and original deeds to the property dating to 1710. The new addition adds a great room with walk-in fireplace to the formal rooms of the original house. The custom kitchen with soapstone counters and premium appliances is highlighted by an early stone fireplace with a beehive oven. The walk-out lower level includes a family/game room with a bar and second full size Sub-Zero refrigerator. Heart and pumpkin pine floors have been restored to their original luster, antique windows function like new, and all six fireplaces are working and utilize wood or propane gas. Outbuildings include a stunning two room guest cottage with kitchenette and full bath, a spring house with a garden storage loft and a new detached three bay garage. All of the mechanical systems have been replaced: Geothermal heat pump, propane fired hot water, partial radiant heating and a 50kw generator. All new in 2004: plumbing, electric, Crestron audio controls and Lutron lighting. It's hard to find superlatives that adequately describe this wonderful piece of Bucks County. ** The property contains 8 separate parcels: main house and buildings on 18.42 acres, and 7 subdivided parcels for a total acreage of 59.762 acres, all 8 parcels being sold as an entirety**
Listing courtesy of Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty.
© 2019 TReND. All Rights Reserved.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the TReND Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Real Estate Company participates, and is provided by TReND through a licensing agreement. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Real Estate Company are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have sold or are no longer being offered for sale. The information being provided is for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.